Environmental and Sustainability Data Management Systems is a rapidly growing and evolving area. Being a market leader, we're at the very forefront of developments. As we continue to grow, we need great people. If you're keen, articulate and have good experience we'd love to hear from you.
Apprentice Software Developer
Are you interested in joining an ever-growing industry of Software Developers?
Baltic Training and EHS Data are delighted to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to join an existing team at their office based in Newark-on-Trent!
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you’re ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
EHS Data is a UK based company providing Environmental Data Management Solutions worldwide. They do this by developing a bespoke software package called MonitorPro. This saves companies time and money as well as keeping them environmentally compliant.
Tasks to be trained in
- Work as part of the team to support in house back office software
- To assist in the development of commercial software MonitorPro
- Application Testing
- Assist with user requirements analysis, scoping and documentation
- Work with web applications
The modules you will complete as part of this apprenticeship are:
BCS Level 3 Certificate in Software Development Context and Methodologies (Part 1 & 2) Includes Exam
- Software Development Environment, Roles and Structure
- Software Development Processes
BCS Level 3 Certificate in Programming (Part 1, 2 & 3) Includes Exam
- Software Development Requirements
- Software Data, Interfaces & Security
- Developing Code Using Good Practices & Logic
- A genuine interest in Software and Technology
- Experience in coding from education or self tuition
- Basic Understanding of Object orientated programming
- Punctual and polite
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don’t feel like you tick every box – get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Working 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday
- £192.00 per week depending on experience
- 24 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- PS4 to play on during breaks
- Working alongside experienced developers
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This role is located in Newark-on-Trent. There is a bus stop located a short walk away from the business with numerous bus routes leading to Coddington, Collingham, Tuxford.
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!
A residency eligibility applies to this vacancy. You must be a British or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen and have been resident in the UK or EEA country for the past 3 years.
Residency rules and some exceptions can be found here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/730997/1819_Provider_Rules_v1.0.pdf(clause P305)